Spiritual leaders behaving badly; teen’s body mod “religion”; enlightenment prepares us for the final exit
Buddhist Bedfellows: Why so many Western worshippers shack up with their spiritual sages.
Monkey Man’s Mess: Academics are licking their wounds after the scientific misconduct of Professor Marc Hauser, who told the world that monkeys have human language potential.
Made Whole by a Hole: A North Carolina high school doesn’t buy a teen’s claim that her nose ring is in keeping with her body modification religion.
Walking Life’s Plank: Jeremy Sherman on how enlightenment prepares us for the lights going out.
If this spoke to you, here are five similar articles.
- Spiritual Surf: Handhelds go holy, banned Super Bowl ads, virtual meditation
- Spiritual Surf: Famous physicist Freeman Dyson goes against green — and like, Avatar
- YOGA, PRANA, LOVE: Ceremony to love
- Pastors who are too Busy for God should read David Deida
- Religion and Hope: A New Year’s confidential from David Richo