There’s no “girl power” in mobs. Men have a history of seeing war, revolution and disasters as foreplay for rape.
War creeps: Who put the “rape” in “rape and pillage?”
Where not to strut: In a mob, safety should trump defiance for the Lara Logans of the world.
Raging stats: Husbands are as bad as soldiers in the Congo.
Occupational hazard: No peace for Peace Corps women who are victims of sex crimes.
Rape in Haiti refugee camps: The weird cause-and-effect of natural disasters and sex crimes.
Lab rats in the afterglow: Research suggests only screwed-up brains mix sex with violence.
If this spoke to you, here are five similar articles.
- Spiritual Surf: Haiti, a spiritual Rorschach
- Spiritual Surf: Hitchens and the Big C; Machete; Opus Dei; Burning the Koran
- Decoding America’s favorite psychopath, Showtime’s Dexter
- Powerful film making:Breaking the silence
- The sins of fathers: Pablo Escobar speaks from the grave, through his son