From deadbeat dads to the middle initial “H”? The Top 10 reasons why Obama and Jesus are, like, almost the same person
SOUL’S CODE — When Freud coined the term, transference, he used it to describe the unconscious projection we have about a parent, or some other childhood figure, onto a lover, boss — or, yes, in the media age — a presidential candidate.
Is Barack Obama the Son of Promise, Child of Hope, collective father figure, and redeemer in the eyes of the world of us — as in, the “U.S.”?
We rejoice in his victory by documenting the Top 10 similarities and synchronicities between the president-elect and Jesus the savior:
10. Jesus urged his fellow Jews to pay their taxes (“Render unto Ceasar, the things which are Ceasar’s”). Obama plans to make Jews who are wealthy pay higher taxes.
9. Jesus was a vegan who didn’t do drugs or smoke. While campaigning for president, Obama quit smoking — and continued to eat arugala, at least off-camera.
7. Jesus Christ and Barack Obama both share the same middle initial: “H.“
4. Jesus lived and died seven centuries before the creation of Islam. Obama is not now, nor has he ever been, a Muslim.
3. Saint John the Baptist said a messiah was coming, and baptized Jesus as the one. In a summer 2008 TV ad the McCain campaign declared, “Barack Obama may be The One“.
2. Both Jesus and Obama got their values from their mothers, who at various Kodak Moments were single-moms. As for deadbeat-daddy issues, let’s not even go there.
And the Number 1 reason that Barack Obama and Jesus are, for all intents and purposes, practically the same person:
They both hung out with some dodgy peeps, pharisees, prostitutes and revolutionaries — and that’s just Obama . . .
If this spoke to you, here are five similar articles.
- We aren’t birthers, but we’re just asking: what do you know about President Obama’s spiritual life?
- A Soul’s Code smackdown: Obama vs. Jesus
- Election anniversary special: Barack Obama 1988, the secret Good Samaritan
- Spiritual Surf: Barack Obama goes to church
- FROM THE ARCHIVES: Why did The One win by a landslide?