SPIRITUAL IQ QUIZ — He’s big. He’s hairy. He’s said to tear through the night sky accompanied by magical reindeer. Santa Claus makes a truly weird symbol of conspicuous consumption. Maybe that’s because he’s a figure whose spiritual roots sit deeper than today’s commercial culture.
Santa as we know him today symbolizes holiday cheer, Christian charity, and, yes, maybe more than just a little bit of pagan wildness. Little wonder this mischievous elf has been shunned by Christians, banned by secularists, and viewed with suspicion by purists of all sorts.
As he keeps sliding down the chimney into our culture, click on the radio buttons below to see how much you know about the global poster-boy for Christmas.
If this spoke to you, here are five similar articles.
- Soul’s Code Trivia Quiz – A Traditional Christmas
- Spiritual Surf: Barack Obama goes to church
- Why your new iPad has a spiritual side
- What are the spiritual origins of Thanksgiving?
- Top 9 Spiritual Resorts: The Chopra Center