A documentary about fundamentalist day-camping depicts another theological, spiritual and cultural divide between red and blue states
BY SOUL’S CODE — Introducing the new documentary, Jesus Camp, and a new tire-fire in America’s religious wars. According to an account in The L.A. Times the filmmakers are being terrorized:
When Fischer arrived home Tuesday after a few days touring with the filmmakers, her e-mail inbox was loaded with hate mail. She spent the next two days writing lengthy explanations to the most common accusations – “How dare you brainwash those kids!” and “Are you raising up Christian terrorists or another Hitler Youth movement?” – then posted them on her website Tuesday.
“I’ve gotten thousands of hits on my website from those people,” she said. “I’m wearing sunglasses in the airports. It’s really making me nervous.”
If this spoke to you, here are five similar articles.
- Spiritual Surf: Armaggedon, Lindsay Lohan, Hare Krishnas, and Religious Violence
- In relationships, besides love, here is the one necessary trait you need to make it last
- Spiritual Surf: Humanizing computers, cyberdating Muslims and tweeting death
- Madonna, Guy Ritchie and Kabbalah: a marriage on the rocks, divorce-talk over religion
- A West Coast lawyer’s tale of race and reconciliation